Your Privacy Matters
This Policy explains how the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) collects, uses, discloses, and secures your information when you use any digital platforms created and managed by ADEK.
ADEK’s digital platforms include:
- Websites, such as ADEK’s main website and other microsites for ADEK programs and initiatives
- Systems for managing school operations and data, student data, surveys, events, and others
- The “Rayah” application installed from the Apple or Google Play stores
- Social media channels, such as Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
ADEK reserves the right to make minor or significant changes to this Policy without prior notice. It is recommended to check and review this page for updates regularly.
What type of data does ADEK collect?
ADEK automatically collects and stores certain personally identifiable information and information about your visit when browsing, reading, sharing, or downloading information from ADEK’s digital platforms.
This may include the following information:
· Personal data (any data that, directly or indirectly, identifies an individual) which you provide while filling out forms or participating in surveys on ADEK’s digital platforms. You bear full responsibility for the validity of the data you provide, and ADEK bears no responsibility for the validity of the data you provided.
o Name: First name, middle name and last name
o Date of birth
o Phone number
o Email address
o Residency status
o If resident, Emirates ID number
o Personal interests
o Profile photo
o Child of Determination status (if shared)
· The name of the top-level domain from which you accessed the internet
· Your IP address and geolocation to identify the location and country from which you are viewing ADEK’s digital platforms
· The date and time you logged into ADEK’s digital platforms
· The pages you accessed (number of times you visited or interacted with ADEK’s digital platforms and the features you interacted with)
· The documents you downloaded
· The website or search engine from which you were redirected to ADEK’s digital platforms
· Keywords used in ADEK’s search engines
· Diagnostic data, such as the type of mobile device, your mobile device's unique ID, the IP address, your operating system, the unique device identifiers, and others
How ADEK protects and uses your data?
The data ADEK gathers about you and your browsing journey on ADEK’s digital platforms is not sold, exchanged, or otherwise distributed for commercial or marketing purposes. The collected data is used for:
· Research to improve ADEK’s content and cater to users’ needs
· To send updates and provide better customer support
· To customize and personalise users’ experience across ADEK’s digital platforms
ADEK has implemented security measures to safeguard the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of posted information. ADEK’s security measures include software programs and a secure technology infrastructure that monitors network traffic, verifies legitimate users, and detects unauthorized attempts to modify or damage information. These measures are in place to protect user data and maintain the integrity of ADEK’s systems.
What are cookies and why ADEK uses Them?
“Cookies” are small data files used to store and track your information when using digital platforms.
ADEK uses them to collect information while you are browsing ADEK’s digital platforms. The information ADEK collects is related to your browsing experience. This includes but is not limited to: The time you visited ADEK’s digital platforms, the pages you visited, the search terms you used, the type of browser or operator you used, etc. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
You can disable the cookies at any time in your browser settings.
What type of cookies ADEK uses?
You can manage or disable cookies through your browser settings, but some features and experiences may be affected.
Why does ADEK Push notifications to your device?
ADEK uses push notifications in its applications to keep users up-to-date with critical updates. After installing the application, ADEK may request your permission to receive push notifications. You can always revoke this permission and disable notifications through the device settings.
Why does ADEK need permission to access your device?
While using ADEK’s applications, you may need to upload some files or set a reminder or any other similar action. To do that, ADEK may request your permission to access your camera, calendar or any similar features.
You can disable the granted permission at any time through your device settings.
ADEK’s digital platforms contain links to other sites. ADEK is not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of other websites and advises you to read the privacy policies of each website.